Alumni and friends of the Master of Human Resource Management (MHRM) program at The Ohio State University Max M. Fisher College of Business serve as valuable sources of guidance for the direction and continuous evolution of the program. The MHRM Advisory Board is a subset of this larger group — individuals representing the diversity of the program. These distinguished professionals represent a variety of industries and geographic locations, and work tirelessly to shape the future of our program by striving to fulfill our shared vision.
The MHRM Program Vision
The MHRM program strives to be one of national prominence with global reach offering an unparalleled academic experience. This vision will be achieved by leveraging the scale of The Ohio State University, the reputation of Fisher College of Business, the vast network of MHRM alumni and friends throughout the world and through the active participation of our engaged and motivated students, faculty, staff and partner organizations. We will work to offer a program that delivers an unparalleled, intimate, tailored and holistic approach to developing tomorrow’s human resource leaders.
The MHRM Advisory Board meets twice a year (fall and spring), with each member actively serving on at least one of the following committees:
- Governance: Board bylaws oversight, assist with setting bi-annual board meeting agendas, strategic planning to ensure the boards’ activities align with the Program’s goals and objectives, board recruitment and nominations
- Alumni Engagement & Events: alumni outreach and networking opportunities, event planning, alumni resource groups
- Curriculum: assists with the execution of the annual APEX assessment (culminating simulation for second year graduating students), serves as a liaison to a specific course in the MHRM Program offering industry expertise, serves as a guest speaker in classes, where appropriate, provides guidance and advice to potential curriculum changes related the Program
- Mentorship: oversite, administration, and evaluation of our annual mentorship program for first year students
- Onboarding: oversite, administration, and evaluation of our annual two-day orientation for incoming students Recruitment: assisting with the outreach and recruitment of prospective students into our Program
- Diversity & Inclusion: assisting with the execution of an annual half-day D&I conference that is Fisher wide for students and alumni, assist with other D&I initiatives within the Program.
For any questions related to the Advisory Board, please contact MHRM Academic Director, Ty Shepfer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-292-4395.
MHRM Resource Groups
The MHRM Advisory Board’s Alumni Engagement and Events committee is excited to share MHRM Resource Groups as a year-round, virtual opportunity for MHRM alumni and current students to connect and to have an ongoing support system and community regarding their HR interests while in the Program and beyond, throughout their career.